Thursday 12 March 2009

prayer tips.... church forms/ formats? .... church leadership...

March 14, 2007

I’ve been trying to do what ___ recommended – every time I think of a person, pray for them! (And ask You to give me names). Lord, please do give me names – and details if You wish – of people to pray for… and help me to also pray for people as I encounter them along the way! Help me to focus on doing this… I so easily “forget” – or more like, just get distracted or don’t think of it at all! Help me to be always focused on You and Your work – Your care for people, Your love and purpose and design. Thank You. (Oh, please help me!) Amen! Thank You!

A “book” warning” 2 Cor 10:17 “Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord.” 18 For it is not the man who commends himself that is accepted, but the man whom the Lord commends.

(It’s all about You, Lord – and all for Your glory alone!) Thank You!

2 Cor 13: 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Amen! Thank You! 3-fold God!

May 30, 2007

Lord, You know I have ideas of what “form” (or is it just “my format”) I’d love to see the church take – but it is Your will that must be done….

It really isn’t about format – but about form: the form of Jesus! Thank You, Lord!

April 2, 2007

Lord, a year ago I wanted to be recognized as a “positional leader” (oh, that’s another thing John said – it’s not about position!) because that always seems to be the goal (oh, we were big on our “goals”… maybe not God’s way…). But in the past year, with a little taste of “position” (ie “womens leader”) I realized that isn’t what I want, it isn’t what God wants for me, or for His church generally. Jesus is our “leader” … and yet He is the ultimate servant, totally humbled to the lowest “position” of death on a cross…. Voluntarily yet purposefully.

No comments: