Thursday 12 March 2009

learning God's lessons... over and over... deeper and deeper...

March 8, 2007

A young lady recently wrote me: "I think it is so interesting that we can think we have learned a lesson and then God will bring a circumstance into our lives that will cause us to see that we need to relearn it on a whole different level. It is not that we did not learn the first time but I think it is more that He does not want us to be overwhelmed with the immensity of the shortcomings in our lives so he reveals them to us bit by bit (and that way we always have room for improvement, too...).

I also think that God does provide people in our lives to support us but He will find a way to remove our dependence on them if He sees that it is getting in the way of us relying on Him...

God really taught me... that I am not always able to please everyone... and that I cannot depend on everyone else to find my worth.... I am a child of God and that is where my worth comes from. I am not a good person because every person I come into contact with likes me..., my value is in the fact that I am created by God and He loves me... As much as I hate to admit it, I have been the biggest liar there is, always trying to be whatever I thought others wanted me to be. It is exhausting when my self worth comes from what I think others think of me."

Such words of wisdom from such a young woman! And how neat that You are teaching 2 women -- one younger, one older -- the same things, and they can share together, and receive confirmation of what You are teaching them! Thank You!

No comments: