Thursday 12 March 2009

Revival within... and then reaching out....

September 9, 2007

The nights are getting cool but I see the sun is shining! We’ve had some gray-ish weather the past week but it is getting much nicer now.

I haven’t been to church for so long – well, we went on August 5, then were in Vancouver on the 12th, then I went to church in the park – in the rain – on the 19th, then the 26th was the Ironman Triathlon and I didn’t go. And then September 2 the kids were here and we didn’t go. Well, others of the kids are here this weekend, but I’m going anyway! My son says he will go to the barbeque after church! (Oh Lord – Your will be done!)

Our Heavenly Father, please prepare all our hearts, please put Your Spirit upon the pastor that he may speak only Your words – and please pour out Your Spirit upon all the people, all the church, that we may fully turn to You!

And Father, please help me in regards to planning for the worship for the ladies retreat.

Thank You, Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

September 9, 2007

And I was thinking about the sermon yesterday, and also about what ___ said, how You have been laying on her heart that You plan for our church, first a revival within, among us, and then a reaching out into our downtown community, literally feeding the homeless on the streets, providing quilts in cold weather, etc. Which is something I have sensed ever since You set us in this location – but now I believe You have sent us a shepherd, too. Oh dear God, You did some amazing, wonderful things yesterday !

And Lord, I wanted to ask lots of different women, yesterday, to take part in the worship at the upcoming retreat, but You had another plan – just asking ____ to do a poem. I was thinking this morning of Paul’s words to the Corinthians – one has a song, another a psalm or a spiritual song, another a word of knowledge, a word of wisdom, a prophecy, a teaching, even a tongue and interpretation – but oh, Lord – all from You, and all for Your glory, first, and then for the edification and up-building, and the unity in love and the building of relationship between You and Your people, and among Your people! Oh Lord – You have given me this task – let it be You speaking through and just using me as Your simple, small, humble instrument – make me a conduit of Your Spirit to the women of our church, dear Heavenly Father, and oh! May it all – the whole retreat, the prayer that comes before it, (Because oh! You have just laid that mightily on my heart right now!) and all that You intend to come out of it! In Jesus’ precious name!

Father God, please lead me – lead us! – Your little children! – and grow us up into the mature followers of Jesus that You would have us to be! And build Your Kingdom, Lord God!!! in Jesus’ name!

Thank You for Your Word yesterday, and for the continued moving of Your Spirit upon me – and upon my husband as he spoke of needing to forgive the residential school people – and upon Your entire church here in this community and around the world! Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven!

In Jesus’ name and for His sake I pray, Amen!

No comments: