Friday 13 March 2009

the church AGM.... "It's Biblical" ... or is it really? Questions...

July 8, 2008

There is a church AGM tonight. I am thinking I will go to listen, and see what they are thinking, planning, dreaming… We feel just – well, not very “connected” … but not “free to leave” either… just waiting to see what You want, Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit – dear God!! Yes! Your will be done! (Oh dear God, please keep my heart pure, and focused solely on You! Thank You!)

On to my Bible reading! Bless the reading of Your Word to my heart, please dear Lord, and help me to grow by it and know, love, obey, serve, worship, glorify You more and more, better and better, to become more and more like Jesus! Thank You, Lord God – Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Amen and amen! Yay! Praise God!

Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” …. Verse 8 “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.” (In the margin, I had dated that verse May 6/04 – and now I’ve dated verse 9 as July 8/08!

Thank You, Lord, that You promise that You are with me wherever I go! How easy it is to be strong and courageous when I KNOW You are with me wherever I go! Wow! Thank You! Praise God! Amen! Hallelujah!

July 9, 2008

So yesterday I went to the church AGM. I was at first going to write about it when I got home… but I just couldn’t… the only thing I have to say right now, is that the expression, “It’s Biblical” isn’t always exactly accurate when we use it…. often things we do (or want to do) that we claim are “Biblical” have a lot of man’s traditions wrapped up in them… I decided not to vote…

This morning I went berry picking again… another 13 baggies of berries plus another good sized bowl of cherries (all big ones this time… I think they are Bings by the color).

… Now I am ready to read my Bible. Please teach me, guide me, grow me (and straighten me out!) dear Holy Spirit (and Jesus and Father!)

Please show me Your truth about “church.” Thank You. (and about “tithes” too…)

….. later…. I still don’t know what to think about to do about “our church” … Your will be done… step-by-step, moment-by-moment…. Before I would have been awfully upset… I was indeed unnerved perhaps by some of the things that were said and happened… but I just waited, prayed, gave it to You to take care of Your way… and I am amazingly at peace about it all! Thank You! Amen! Praise God!!!

No comments: