Thursday 12 March 2009

Draw me to You.... please feed me, dear Lord... bring me into feasting..

May 10, 2007

Thank You, Lord, for Adrienne’s call last night, and her prayers. I was just continuing to feel so dry. Prayer has become so difficult for me lately. Even well before hubby came home. I don’t even feel like going to church meetings. And at prayer meetings, I can’t seem to get into “prayer mode.” …. I do like to be in Your Presence, but I just don’t feel like I have anything to say. I just can’t focus. Oh dear God, the enemy hates prayer, and the relationship with You and Your people that it involves!

Draw and hold me close to You, dear Lord! Please! When Pastor ___ phoned to ask me to pray for ___, he called me a “prayer warrior” – and I just said, “I don’t feel like a prayer warrior at all” … and he said he feels like that sometimes too… but we have to keep on praying, Lord! Oh please help us! Help us pray for the church, Lord! The local Abundant Life church family, and all the local church bodies, and each person in Your body, here and all over the world! (And Lord, help me pray for the school and students, too). (And my children…). Oh dear God, I haven’t even been praying for them consistently.

I’m tired, Lord. Maybe it’s partly “getting old” Lord… but I feel like I’m fighting a never-ending battle, and all I want is a little time of peace and rest. Well, we are in a never ending battle, of course… against principalities and powers who don’t have the limitations of human bodies that get old and tired! Oh Lord, I need Your peace and rest – and power and strength – that works continuously in my spirit, no matter the surrounding circumstances and the condition of my body. Oh dear God, please! I need the fullness and strength of Your precious Holy Spirit! Please! thank You! Thank You!

Lord, I haven’t read Your Word (well, at least not my “daily schedule”… I‘ve done “devotions” at school and such, a bit…) since Sunday, I think. So I need to “catch up.” Please, Lord, make it meat for my spirit! Please feed me, dear Lord! Please bring me into feasting. Your Spirit and mine united as one, dear Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit – my God and Lord and King, 3 in 1 Lord! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Thank You!

No comments: