Thursday 12 March 2009

More reflections on "The Shack" ...

December 19 2007

Thank You for bringing that snippet of a song to my memory: “In the Spirit of the Lord my spirit shall dwell, Till I one day rise to meet my King!”

As I sang it over and over in my head and thought about it, I also had this incredible picture – and feeling – of me – my spirit, which is the real me, and includes my mind and body, too – wrapped up in peace, rest, security – in Your Spirit. Such warmth, such comfort, such rest and peace and security! Much as Pastor ___ spoke of in his message on Sunday, especially when he used the illustration of the “serenity” picture of a nest of little birds securely and safe in the midst of a mighty thundering waterfall all around them.

“The Lord’s my Rock, in Him I’ll stand (sit, lie, be held safely, securely, hugged and held!) A Shelter in the time of storm.”

Boy, The Shack book really has helped me comprehend in a much more real way – a way I can feel, perceive, know! – the love of Father, my Jesus, Holy Spirit.

And I love the understanding of Sophia – God’s wisdom, beyond, far beyond simply knowledge, and far different in even its basic nature and essence – God Himself being her source, nature, essence; indeed, she being an integral aspect of God’s totality and Being, inseparable really, from His love that is Him and defines, characterizes everything He is and does! - than any so-called “wisdom” of man, even in its “purest” and “best” forms and manifestations!

(Wow! I am wearing out so many pens these days! I love this package of 10 gel pens, all different colors! Green now finished, burgundy just started and so many great colors to come: black, dark blue, red, purple, orange, dark blue-green, misty gray-blue, and one more black! What an inspiration colors are! I loved the part in the book in which colors define and express the feelings and characteristics of Holy Spirit – Sarayu! – and of those risen children of Papa! Wow! I love colors! I guess that’s why I so often choose vibrant reds… and yellows, oranges, etc, when I have the courage! (Yep! I even like those wild wedding colors in that set of emailed pictures! Fun! Happiness! Joy!). I have heard that we naturally “like” certain colors, and that almost always those are colors that express our personality, our interests, our emotions.. and incidentally, that look good on us (and make us feel good to wear them)! No wonder it’s fun to do interior decoration in your favorite colors too, if you have the courage, instead of just following the latest “correct” trend! No wonder I love color wheels too!

I remember, in University, being made more aware of “auras” around people – which by the way, certain kinds of cameras do record! - and on occasion having been able to “see” them on some people, sort of out of the corner of my eyes! (It kind of freaked me a bit at the time, wondering if it was part of some kind of “evil manifestation” since that prof that brought it up was into the whole eastern guru religion thing… and maybe sometimes I was – or rather, had been, but not just then – “under the influence” of marijuana. But I don’t think it was those. I just think it’s true that we do produce colors that express us uniquely – like fingerprints or footprints or whatever!

I also really liked the whole “God outside time” and the ever-present-present stuff because, You know, Lord, I do experience quite a bit of “déjà-vu” and I’ve always felt that somehow we’ve been made to live beyond the bounds of time as we normally experience it. I loved where Papa says of Missy, “She lives where there is no impatience. She does not mind waiting.” So it’s like there is a sense of time passing, and yet no need to cram things in because there is no limit, and all things really are lived in the present moment… and in some way, then, past, present and future are one, though separate (Wow! That’s just like You three, isn’t it!?!?!? Cool!)

Well, it’s 6:18 and I hate to quit writing because I’m just having so much fun talking to You all (joy, really!!!) But I do want to hear from You, really hear You through Your Word! Know You! Listen! Relate! Be together, one! Secure! My spirit in Your Spirit! Amen!!!!

When people ask me to pray for them, I am supposed to stop first, and ask Sarayu, “What should I pray? What does this person really need? What is Father’s desire and love and purpose and care and plan?” Wow! Thank You! Okay! Wow!

“Let your words be few..”
“Be quick to listen, slow to speak.”
“Seek wisdom!”
Yes! Thank You, Father (Daddy, Papa, my God!), my Jesus, beautiful Sarayu!

John 6:27 “Do not labour for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on him has God the Father set his seal. 28. Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the work of God?” 29 Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

That’s all!!?!??! Just believe! Trust! Show it by unquestioning obedience (to God) (Father, Son, Spirit) (One).

V32 “… my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33… [that] gives life to the world… 36 “I am the bread of life.”” … 63 “It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail: the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life…. 65 no one comes to Me unless it is granted him by the Father.” (What about this? Do we really each have no choice? “Whosoever will may come..?” Lord? Sarayu? … 68 Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life; 69 and we have believed, and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

No comments: