Thursday 12 March 2009

Help me stop and really listen for Your voice... "In the quiet place You are there"

October 29, 2007

Oh dear God, thank You for the prayers and the word of encouragement from ____! It really was a confirmation of the word that came through ___ that You are doing great and wondrous things for me! It was that You are again going to use me in a teaching role for You! I don’t know exactly what it means, but I do know after the sermon yesterday that I do need to get more (far more) deeply back into Your Word again! (And what about the Kingdom of God study? Every time I hear that phrase these days, my heart is stirred within me! Oh dear God, Your will be done!)

Lord, another thing really spoke to me yesterday, in the sermon, and that is that when I come to You in prayer, I need to sit quietly and listen, and wait till I hear Your voice! In other words, I need to “shut up” – including my busy journal writing, eh! – and focus on You, and listen for Your Word to me! So Lord, I am going to do that right now (Please help me focus and not be distracted by the thoughts of things of this world around me… that’s partly why I write, to keep focused, and You have spoken to me as I write – it just seems to come out of my pen, and I suddenly see it there, written in front of me – but at the same time, I tend to blabber on about things; well, in doing that, You do mercifully lead me into Your thoughts! Thank You! But I do want to just listen and hear Your voice too! Please! Thank You!

I just want to quickly say – first, I felt You lead me to kneel… I didn’t really want to, then then I realized I must obey… and I realize I was looking for words I could record (like I used to “get” from You… but then I realized that You had quieted my mind… AND IN THAT QUIET PLACE YOU WERE THERE!!! Thank You! That’s awesome and amazing! Praise Your holy name! Blessings! I love You!

No comments: