Tuesday 10 March 2009

Workaholic... vs Your purpose and plans

January 31, 2005

At church yesterday the pastor said something about not being a workaholic but being one who works for the Lord. He was talking about the need for leaders for evangelism groups and discipleship groups. I see this vision, Lord. I want to be part of it. I think You have prepared me for it.

There are things I don’t understand. What about my kids who are not walking strong with Jesus right now? What about my problems in my relationship with my husband? Even my place as a woman (but I could be working with children, youth, women… wherever You lead).

Oh dear God, there is so much to learn, and so many possibilities in reaching out to others for You. I’m tired, fed up, bored with sitting around “taking in.” I want to give. I want to share You proactively. But not as a workaholic who’ll just burn out and end up worrying all the time.

I just want to be trusting You to provide all the purpose, plans, moves. Just being a servant, doing what You want, joyfully. Taking it as the great adventure that Your way, Your purpose truly is.

No comments: