Tuesday 10 March 2009

Urgency in my being?

September 23, 2004

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You so much for the life group meeting last night. Thank You for people opening their hearts.

Lord, I hope I didn’t talk too much. I’m just so excited about what You have done, are doing, and will be doing. Of course it is all “eternal present” for You, You see the whole picture and I don’t, and when I do get glimpses of it, it’s just overwhelming, wonderful, exciting, magnificent! Wow! Lord, if I said too much, please forgive me and work it out for those who had to listen to me.

Lord, I just feel like I’m going to burst if I don’t let it all out… like the prophet… it’s burning in me… I think it is because You have called me to preach. Lord, I can’t get away from that word. I try to rationalize it as speaking to womens groups, or teaching, or whatever. But dear God, you told me: “Preach!” And that’s what Your commission says, too. “Go ye therefore into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”

Yes, Lord, I know that can cover “friendship evangelism” and “kids clubs” and “sharing your testimony” and so on. But dear God, You told me “Preach!” Yes, Lord, like PK. I just read my notes from one of her messages, Lord, and it’s full of good doctrine, good teaching… but what it always came down to was urging, with real urgency, urging sinners to give their lives to You, urging repentance from sinners and saved alike, urging holiness and growth and maturity from the saints, urging people to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Lord, “share” is nice, but “preach” is urgent. And Lord, You have placed urgency in my being. I’ve got to get out there. I’ve got to preach… share urgently… and Lord, I long to get others excited, too. Is that possible? Is it right? Or do they have to work through things first and learn slowly like I have? Lord God? Help me to know.

No comments: