Monday 9 March 2009

Thank You for the words You gave me....

February 21, 2002

I just checked the meaning of “preach” in Phil. 1:12-30 and it means tell, herald, proclaim, speak of, preach… hmmm… “Preacher” is a herald/ crier of divine truth… publish, proclaim divine truth.

March 7, 2002

The Bible study last night was right on target. God does confirm His will in many ways. I must be open to see it. Yes, brother, there is such a thing as “open doors”….

Next Sunday morning I’ve been asked to sing “Holy, Holy, Holy” at the Pentecostal “rededication after the fire” service. Oh dear God, use the voice You have given me. And give me Your words to speak in the middle part. In Jesus’ name, amen!

March 11 2002

Anyway, I prayed and asked the Lord to totally be in charge. While I was waiting for the service to begin, I was reading my daily reading and God reassured me mightily with these words: Deut 32:2 “Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.” It was as though God was saying, “Don’t worry – this is how I am going to use the words you say and sing.” And I wasn’t worried or nervous – except that I was almost terrified that I might take some of the “glory” for myself. I asked God to help me give Him all the glory.

And indeed, the song went very well. I believe the spoken words were indeed from God – as I had prayed a few days earlier. Over and over people told me how blessed they had been. I told ___ the story of how God granted me the desire of my heart to be able to sing beautifully (to Him – because the rest of my singing isn’t very good – I’ll have to remember to add that!) and to play the piano and guitar to accompany when needed. ___ says I should tell that to the church sometime. It is a wonderful supernatural miracle of God!

The message from the District Superintendent was “right on” and really spoke to me – I think to everyone there – I hope! He emphasized how we must rededicate not just the church building, but ourselves! We need to rededicate ourselves to God’s MISSION (command and commission) for us – to make disciplined followers of Jesus and to be lovers of God and lovers of others… who will in turn do the same. What we do now must matter in the future. We need to leave a legacy. We don’t need to just spread more Christian words – we need to be a people alive with these words, convicted, with a clear understanding of how to demonstrate the love of God through the power of God’s Spirit – the image of Christ being formed in our lives – a message to be lived out!

Words from God to me today:
Deut 32:2-4 Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his ways are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He.

Joshua 1: 7-9 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. [principles? details?... Fear God, respect, obey, love!]. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Thank You, Lord! Praise Your Holy Name!!! Make me holy, Lord God, as You are Holy. Make me like Jesus … (even with all the tough times that will almost certainly entail – but You will be there… and so each moment will still be glory as long as I recognize and hold tight and totally depend upon Your presence!!!!)

No comments: