Tuesday 10 March 2009

Moving again.... and claiming Your promises

August 11, 2003

I just looked up the "prove" in Romans 12:2 in the concordance. It is "dokimazo" - allow, discern, examine, (ap)prove, try - which comes from "dokimos" - approved, tried - which the pastor talked about in his sermon this weekend, about character. It refers to a vessel fired in the kiln, then examined and if found flawless, it was stamped "dokimos" - approved. That's what I want to be! And knowing that, it makes the fires of life all worthwhile - to (ap)prove the will of God - in my life!

As the pastor said, "When you choose the narrow, difficult - right - way, your desires will become God's desire. You will abide with Christ. You will not flee at the first sign of a storm."

Lord God, I have to phone that man about the townhouse this morning. I have to admit, in my humanness, in my flesh, I am scared of this new move (whether it is to the townhouse, or whether You have something better lined up). But You have taken away my "spirit of fear" (cowardice, timidity) and replaced it with power and love and a sound mind (judgment, discipline) 2 Timothy 1:7. And Your perfect love has cast out my fear (1 Jn 4:18). I hereby claim these promises from You. And You are unchangeable. Your promises stand always. I am Your child and I claim and walk in the rights of sonship. Thank You, Lord! Praise Your holy Name, dear Jesus my elder brother, my friend, my Saviour, my King, my Lord, my God!

In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen!

Thank You for speaking these words of truth to me. Your Word is truth!

I love Your voice!

No comments: