Tuesday 10 March 2009

God's timing for this move is so perfect!

August 25, 2003

In a sense, today, starting my new job, is the beginning (or at least big transition time) for the new life that You have for me in our new community. Wow! Give me strength, dear Lord; give me guidance; fill me with Your Spirit. Use me, dear Lord, for Your glory and Your purposes, not for my own glory or purposes. Help me keep my eyes fastened on Jesus every moment, dear Father God, by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Infill me, overflow me this day. In Jesus' name, amen. Adventure with God!

August 31, 2003

God's timing is so perfect. He had our pastor preach about God's call - the day before our moving time. Just think, in the past couple months, after years when things seemed so impossible, especially in view of the vision and call I have had from the Lord for so long, my daughter went to Bible camp and has since attended church faithfully, and I see God so working in her life.

Out of the blue, ___ said we should move here, and then everything worked out with wide open doors: house rental (perfect house, cost, location, landlord), garage sales, packing ahead of time so when I suddenly got a great job (an amazing story in itself) I'm already almost ready to move, another daughter comes to church and signs up for a cell group, yet another daughter is baptized, my son is looking forward to attending church in our new community, the kids' schools are just a short walk from our home, my job is within walking or biking distance, the car keeps miraculously working (but according to the mechanic, it is on its last legs, so it's also a good thing we are moving where we are not so car-dependent)... all leading up to the Pastor's challenge today to respond to God's call on our lives. And the Lord has been so good financially too, right down to the dollar and the minute needed!

No comments: