Tuesday 10 March 2009

GOD'S purposes will succeed... Or I am being heretical?

November 16, 2003

I was feeling kind of bad this morning at church. Someone was kind of complaining about (or should I say suggesting alternatives to) the current childrens church set up, and I ended up in tears. I just can't handle criticism right now - though that isn't my responsibility, as I told the lady, and advised her to talk to ____. I have to learn not to take on other people's work. As long as I do, they won't do it... the things that God purposed for them to do. ___ said something about being careful not to take on things that aren't my gifting. I pointed out that the registration table isn't her job, and that she herself was doing something that she was coerced into herself .

But her point is well taken. I must learn to pull back and do what God has purposed for me. And give others the space and the need to step into what God has purposed for them.

God's purposes will succeed. I've had a strong tendency to accept the saying, "If I don't do it, it won't get done." But that's not true. If God has purposed it, it will get done (in a way, without doubt, which I totally haven't expected). And if it doesn't get done then maybe (surely?) it wasn't in God's purpose. (Is that right? It almost sounds heretical).

Like right now it seems we are "stuck" about a dozen volunteers short for Childrens church. So maybe the current configuration isn't God's will. Or maybe His timing is just different than ours. Or??

Anyway, Lord, Your will be done with the childrens church thing - please. Either supply workers for the harvest (Jesus said to ask that!) or show Your people more clearly what Your will is for this whole thing. Thank You! And good night!

November 25, 2003

I really intended to go and talk to ___ (and maybe ___) for the past week or two, but never got to it - because God Himself had things to teach me first. Good Christian friends and mentors are wonderful, but it is our Lord and God to whom we must first turn, and ultimately turn. He is the One who knows what is best for us. He is the One with the true purpose and plan for our lives. He is the One with the answers (even if the answer is just "Wait, walk with me, believe). He is the answer! Thank You, Lord.

No comments: