Tuesday 10 March 2009

Changing to become more like Christ

October 1, 2003

Oh dear Lord, I was so tempted to reset the alarm clock and sleep an extra half hour or even an hour. But now that I have dressed and cleaned up the place and am sitting here with You, I am glad I chose to make time for us - for You - oh Lord. Thank You for helping me!

I was a bit discouraged after the communication/relationship seminar, because I realized I can only change me, not my whole family (though, yes, I can also see that changing me is going to require some big-time changes, and in the long run that could change all the relationship dynamics around here). It's that long-time aspect that seems most discouraging. But God works in ways we can't see or understand, and He loves all of us, and I do have a responsibility to choose to change to become more like Christ. I see so many things in the seminar notes that I do habitually wrong. Lord, it is going to be hard for me to change. Please help me.

It's like that Robbie Burns poem: "Oh would the Lord the giftie gie us/ To see oursel's as others see us!" I think You are starting to do that, Lord, but oh my! There are so many things about me that need changing. Help me, please, dear Jesus!

No comments: