Thursday 12 March 2009

praying for our church... and thanking You for using me in Your work....

July 3, 2006

Speaking of courageous and bold - I suddenly am able to "speak out" so much more boldly for you, especially with my younger children. And now I'm going to lead Womens Ministry weekly meeting and teach re submission and womens roles as Christians. Wow! And You are helping me use my writing ability to be bold for You, through writing - but oh dear Lord, please help me to be sure to "speak the truth in love" - and oh dear Lord, please, only let me speak Your truth, only, alone! Thank You, Lord!

Street meeting... I went again this Friday (alone) and sat down right there on the bench instead of hanging out on the fringes. Maybe next time I'll have the courage to stand up and sing along and/or share a scripture... Lord? It actually really amazes me that You've given me the boldness to get this far! Thank You, Lord! You are doing amazing things in my life - things I've asked for - for years and years - but it looks as though Your time again is what counts.

Thank You for letting me "come along for the ride" and maybe help out a bit - at least, You honour me by using me for Your work. Oh, Lord, please help me remember always that it is ALL abouT YOU!!! thank You, Lord! Oh dear God, please provide for our church the leader/leadership You have purposed, and please help us to listen and follow You, and put our own opinions and preconceptions and desires and experiences aside, to go totally with Your plans and purposes! Thank You, Lord! Please help all of us totally get into Your Word, spend lots of quality time - individually and corporately - in prayerful conversation with You, and be totally open and submissive to the moving and power and guidance of Your Holy Spirit, dear Lord! Oh dear God, please forgive us for our self-centered ideas! Please forgive and cleanse us Lord, please soften our hearts, so that we are totally submitted in love to You - and to love one another in Your body - and to love all those lost in the world. Help us to each come to know You intimately, and bravely and lovingly go out and fulfill Your great commission to go out into all the world and be witnesses of You to all mankind. Thy will be done! Thank You, Lord!

No comments: