Tuesday 10 March 2009

I don't want "just salvation" : I want our family to be totally in relationship with You!

March 23, 2004

Dear Lord, our pastor talked yesterday about our "eternal security" - and I do believe that is true (I hope). But Lord, You know how I was brought up with the whole "backsliding" and "losing your salvation" idea, and Lord, I think it has affected my relationship with You, and with my children. I feel driven to "drive them" to You so that I won't have to enter eternity without them, even though they all did give their hearts to Jesus as children. Still, Lord, I also don't want them "getting in by the skin of their teeth," by fire and purging and judgment. I want them to know You and love You now.... and for the rest of their earthly lives... and for eternity!

Lord, I don't want "just salvation." I want all that You have available for them. I want them to be Your children, complete, perfect, surrendered, consecrated. I want our family to be totally Yours. Oh dear God, grant me this desire, I pray, for I know it is Your will that none should perish, that all should come to repentance and be saved, that all Your children should grow and mature and develop Christ-likeness as they grow in relationship with You.

Lord, I never even heard about predestination and Your sovereignty and election (though I read about it and puzzled over it in Your Word). And I still don't understand it all. Help me to understand, Lord. Help me to know You and know Your ways and accept them and joy in them.

Thank You for the sermon notes on joy that I have from a couple weeks ago. Lord, dear God, grant me joy. Fill me with Your Spirit, overflow me. Your joy is my strength in times of trouble. I'm asking for it now. I praise Your holy name for You are worthy. What a mighty God we serve! Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: