Tuesday 10 March 2009

Freedom! .... and involved in the 180 Cafe!

June 29, 2003

“I’m free! Praise the Lord! Free at last!”
(I wish I could remember the words from that song… “For so long I had searched for life’s meaning… Now I’m… I’m free! Praise the Lord! Free at last!”

Wow! What an awesome message ___ brought from the Lord last night! It just brought together so clearly all I have learned and experienced lately of the freedom from guilt and the past which Jesus has given me by the precious, incredible, amazing gift of His shed blood!

It was also amazing and wonderful to me to see how God speaks to different hearts and gives them the same direction, purpose, message. All the thoughts I had regarding the 180 Café and even the whole service set up were confirmed by Pastor ___… right down to the same words I would have used to tell him the vision God has given me! The “coffee house,” moving the chairs and tables up front and having more tables, making it more interactive between speaker and congregation… amazing! Praise God!

I still don’t know exactly what my “position” is in the café, but I learned “the ropes” last night and I am so excited to get going on it! Oh Lord, please keep me steady; may all I do be from You and not my old vivid imagination and “self” ideas taking over! Spirit-led, not flesh-led! Prayed over! Sought over in the Word! Show me Your path, dear Jesus!

I am going to jot down a note to Pastor ___ now about these things. Dear God, may the “words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight” (Psalm 19:14) ; may they be only from You! Thank You! praise Your name!

Thank You! Lord! for speaking to my spirit and guiding me. I love the sound of Your voice! Hallelujah!

Lord, please help it reach ___’s spirit in the way it is meant to do, and may only Your will be done out of all this! Thank You, Jesus! Amen!

Oh!

“I’m free from the fear of tomorrow,
I’m free from the guilt of the past,
For I’ve traded my shackles for a glorious crown
And I’m free! Praise the Lord! Free at last!

For so long I have searched for life’s meaning,
Enslaved by the world and my greed
Then the door of my prison was opened by love
For the ransom was paid – I’m set free!

I’m free from the guilt that I carried
From the dull empty life I’m set free
For when I met Jesus He made me complete
He forgot how foolish I used to be.

2 Cor 4:8-10 “We are troubled on every side yet not distressed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed, always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be manifested in our body.”

No comments: