Monday 9 March 2009

Am I showing the fruit of the Spirit in my life? And my daughter baptized!

May 5, 2003

Thank You that my daughter asked the Pastor to baptize her!

Thank You, Lord, for the 101 Players class yesterday… and all the other _01 classes I can take… and the Bible School study course I can take after that! Thank You! You know the longing of my heart to study Your Word… and here You are providing a way!

According to Your Word, if I am truly Your child, Your Holy Spirit has been given to me and I should be showing the fruit of the Spirit… love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…

I wonder… am I showing any of those things in my life? Pastor said yesterday that a Christian shouldn’t be suffering from guilt because God has forgiven and set free… I wonder… am I feeling guilt… or am I just not standing firm on God’s Word, but allowing my knees to buckle under the load of negative words and circumstances?

May 18, 2003

My daughter's baptism was lovely, though the sermon after (repeat of last night mostly) still made me feel sad. He talked more about the importance of fathers, but I’m worried that’s not really the case here… after all, I have been the “leader” a lot more than hubby… yes, out of geographical necessity – but I fear I’ve liked it too much.

No comments: