Thursday 12 March 2009

Titus 2:3-5 relationships... and oh, we need to pray a lot more!

October 29, 2006

Thank You for the consideration of having to move our Tuesday afternoon Bible study to another slot, if I were to take that job. It was the "deciding factor," the kind of final, clearly "closed door." You know there were many other considerations - but all of them together - including this final one - came down to the fact that You have called me to certain things (the Titus 2:3-5 ministry which is just getting started, the womens Bible study teaching which is clearly meant to be at that Tuesday time I believe, my desire to attend the Friday night street meetings, my French classes and my own personal learning which is suddenly growing "expoentially" without my even trying just because of my preps and teaching, the chance to visit mom - and others? - more often, Your call to me to pray more and spend more time with You, getting to really know You, the things that are happening with our children -- and so on and on...). I do believe You are preparing me (us) for something really important. We don't really need the extra cash; we do need to be forced to live more simply.

October 29, 2006

On the video at church, the speaker talked about church prayer meetings and prayer bands and how prayer is the most basic need and activity of the church. Lord, I hear our leadership team will be calling for one day of fasting and prayer... but, oh, dear Lord, may that only be the start! I'd love to go to prayer meetings... far more than to "life groups"... or even our womens Bible study, because if we really started praying, everything else would change, too... change to God's plans and purposes and power. We'd know You, Lord God, and we'd finally be able to see clearly where You want us to be.

And yes! We need to pray - a lot more - at our womens Bible study, too....

And we need to have Titus 2:3-5 relationships built on the foundation of prayer! Help us, dear Lord. Amen

No comments: