Friday 13 March 2009

Maybe You work with different people in different ways, eh? ...

March 3, 2009

At coffee time this morning one person was telling us about this mega-church in the States that has 8000 members and an enormous “campus” with a whole big wing for childrens programs, including several nursery rooms full of cribs. It sounds like they think this is a really good thing… And all I could think was, “So is it really good? What is so good about that? I’m wondering what kind of “family of God” it is that puts all the babies out of the way like that…

Every day I am just feeling more and more called out of the whole organized, structured-like-the-world church thing… But other people seem so excited about it all… So maybe God just works with different people in different ways… I feel kind of lost when everyone around me seems to be excitedly buying into the whole building-and-programs approach to doing church (rather than seeking to maybe find a way to BE church instead…) (But they really do believe that the way they “do” is a legitimate way - maybe even the “right way” - to be the church….)

Oh dear God - one of my daughters phoned and asked me to pray for them! Wow! Praise Your holy Name! You ARE so working in her heart! Dear God, You called her when she was small, and You have never let her go; You are always there waiting and longing for relationship with her… and same with all my children… and yes, hubby and me, too! Thank You!

My son just bought himself a new video game - and that small thing gives him so much excitement and joy! Lord God, YOU are so great! And so I, as Your child, should be full of joy in Your Presence.. Help me, please…

I want to go out and do something for people I meet along the way as I walk about my community. But every time I go out, almost, it seems like nobody wants to talk to me at all… Everybody rushing about… And yes, I find it hard to initiate conversations… especially since it seems like most of the people hanging around here are all men! There are so many men sitting around in the coffee shops these days, way more than before, and so few women. I wonder if a lot of the men have been laid off their jobs, and the women are having to work extra (probably in the low-paying jobs that are still available…) to keep their families going? Well, when I walk around, at least the beauty of Your world makes me smile without even meaning to - and lots of times that causes others to smile back!

I long for relationships… I am lonely here, Lord…

No comments: