Monday 3 September 2012

glorify Your name?

(written September 2, 2012 in my journal)

"'Father, glorify Your name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him this will be the keynote of our life." (p 435 The Desire of Ages)

Do I glorify Your name?
Or am I still mostly fixated on me?
More of the latter.
Every time I think I've taken another step closer to "arriving" You show me how much farther off I really am than I ever before imagined...
:-(
and
:-)
wow!

So anyway, I was just listening to a song, "I want to be like my Jesus" ...
and the guy talks about what that looks like...
and I was just reading the "sermon on the mount" and wondering how I can possibly live up to that - or even if I really want to :-(
I'm afraid there's still a lot of "me" rising up ... dead, but still kicking?  Is that possible?  How does that work?
"Believe it! The 'old man' is dead - and the new you, the real you, the newborn you, is risen and alive in Jesus!"
(I guess maybe it's like B's marriage advice: start acting like it, even if you don't feel that way, and it will start to happen in reality.  Is that right?)
(What about depending on the Spirit?)
(But belief isn't belief unless it's action, isn't that right?)
(What about the people who "follow the rules" and are "good" and "pious"?)
How DO You decide who is "in" and who is "out"?
Or are You really "drawing ALL men unto Yourself?"

(Oh boy.  So much to learn about You.
Or is that, so much to knowing You ... a never ending process ... journey ... adventure...
(What IS "never-ending"?)

No comments: