My problem, if it's a problem, is that I know and enjoy a lot of things. I've often said that I'm a "jill of all trades" though, perhaps unfortunately, that's kept me from mastering them. I've also developed a wide number of skills over the years, but I'm only going to list (in no particular order, btw) those that I truly enjoy doing! So...
What do I know and enjoy?
- music: singing, piano, guitar
- hobbies: sketching, embroidery, watercolor painting, sewing, gardening, woodworking, computer use
- reading : widely! bible, fiction and non-fiction, poetry
- writing : stories, poems, blog posts, prayers and meditations, journaling, NaNoWriMo, website content, articles and columns for newspapers and magazines, publishing newsletters and cookbooks
- teaching : elementary and secondary, private and public schools (BEd in Secondary Social Studies (Geography) and Teacher-Librarianship; as well as teaching Home Economics, English, core French and more). Ladies' Bible Study groups. Tutoring: special needs students, home school students, ESL adults. Home-school mom, grades 1 to 10, very eclectic approach. I LOVE to find creative ways to meet learners' individual needs and learning styles.
- interests : First Nations (especially Haida), simple church, learning disabilities, educational philosophy and methodologies, researching just about anything, life-long learning!
- mom (and wife!) : 4 daughters and 1 son, foster children, neighbor children, 8 grandchildren (so far!), school teacher, Sunday School teacher, Girl Guide and Scout leader, babysitter ... I love kids! I love all the phone calls and emails I get asking for advice!
- cooking and baking, planning and catering theme birthday parties
- people : spending time together, helping, learning together, eating together, sharing life together, volunteering, being an active part of community groups
- faith : relationship with Father and with His family; being the church together; living loved!
- dreams : living in an intentional community; living in a cabin by the ocean; spending a couple years exploring North America, traveling about in a converted bus, meeting lots of people along the way!
- simple living!
Now I'm thinking a couple things:
- I need to narrow my blogs (and website, too, probably) to particular topics
- I need to EITHER choose one or two topics right now, and blog on them in a super focused way (maybe I'll even master them, lol); OR start half a dozen blogs, connected by some common thing (maybe my "penandpapermama" persona), and blog on them all fairly regularly (at least until I can see what I'm super-enjoying and what is really helping others!). I'm leaning to the latter.
What do you think?
What would YOU like to hear about, from my list above?
I think you have a lot on your plate! Thanks for being here and doing this though. It's a great source of encouragement to some of us reading. :)
Post a Comment