Saturday 27 February 2010

Short term missions?

February 20, 2010

I’ve been invited to go on a short-term mission to Haiti… turns out a very short term mission… The whole trip will be close to a week, but the time in Haiti only 3 days… the rest of the time will be “enjoying hospitality” along the way…and I just feel like that is a lot of money being spent for a short period of time… I feel like that much money could be used so much more profitably, maybe sending it directly… or at least to be used by those already there helping for the long term… or waiting till an opportunity comes to go and spend a longer time and maybe really do something to make a difference… sure it might cost a bit more, but I bet it would be considerably less as a day-by-day cost…. Father, You know I’ve always wondered… worried, maybe… about these kinds of short-term mission things… wondering, maybe, if we don’t do it more for ourselves than for those we are supposedly trying to help??? Papa??

No comments: