Friday 5 February 2010

More thoughts about love - and how it can become twisted and prideful

More thoughts about love – and how it can become twisted and prideful

30 January 2010

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverted mouth, I [wisdom] hate… 17… those who diligently seek me [wisdom] will find me… 35 For he who finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD. 36 But he who sins against me injures himself; all those who hate me love death.

See? When our “love” becomes perverted by “pride and arrogance and the evil way” we from our Lord’s favor – though His love stands firm and longs to bring us back into love with Him and others – and, instead of our prideful goal of exalting ourselves we actually injure ourselves – and lack wisdom – and love death!

(Lord, please forgive me for being “proud” in this situation I’ve been in… please! Help me! thankYou!). (You put me there, perhaps, to point some people to Your love… but oh dear God, it is too easy, even “pleasurable” for me to take pride in it… Please forgive me and keep me humble and keep me always glorifying You alone!!! Please!!!)

Wow! Words of warning to God’s own people:

Jer 7:4 Do not trust in deceptive words, saying, ‘This is the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD.’ 5. For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly practice justice between a man and his neighbor, 6. if you do not oppress the alien, the orphan, or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, nor walk after other gods to your own ruins, 7. then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever…
11. ‘Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of robbers in your sight? Behold, I, even I, have seen it,’ declares the LORD…
19. ‘Do they spite Me,’ declares the LORD, ‘Is it not themselves they spite, to their own shame… 23. But this is what I commanded them, saying, Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be my people, and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.’ 24. Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward.

Jer 8:7 … My people do not know the ordinance of the LORD… 8… behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. 9…. Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD, and what kind of wisdom do they have? 10…. Everyone practices deceit. 1. They heal the brokenness of the daughter of My people superficially, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ But there is no peace… 2. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored?

Hosea 5:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge… 11. Harlotry, wine and new wine take away understanding. 12… they have played the harlot, departing from their God… 14… so the people without understanding are ruined.

Luke 12:48 … From everyone who has been given much, much will be required… 56. You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time? 57. And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?

No comments: