Friday 12 February 2010

My Help Comes From The Lord!

Feb 07, 2010

This morning at street church gathering Pastor P and K (and others, I guess) were so excited about the possibilities of the street ministry sharing the ___ church building.

I don’t doubt that You can change peoples’ hearts, Lord – but I received this really – very! – strong sense from You that You have something even greater and more wonderful – beyond our hopes and imaginings – in store for us!

When I asked You to confirm it (or not) in Your word (thinking You would do that when I got to my daily Bible reading today), immediately Your word (hid long, long ago in my heart, as a child) popped into my mind:

“Lift up your eyes unto the hills!
From whence cometh your help?!?” (Psa. 121:1)

It as just like that, Papa – Your voice, taking Your written word and turning it directly to me – to us, too!

Oh Papa, our help does come form You, the Maker of heaven and earth (v2).

And You will keep and guard our going out and our coming in from this time forth and forever!

This morning in the street church gathering, Pastor P read us the scripture from Mt 19:23-30. But really stood out for me was when K was praying for You to open the doors and provide for the needs of this outreach (and oh, dear God, please don’t ever let us try to make it “ours”! Please keep it always Yours. And as ___ said afterward, please keep us walking in Your footsteps alone!!!) … anyway, Papa, that one sentence from verse 26 stood out so strongly to me:

“With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible!!”

I have no idea if the ___ building is part of Your plans or not – but boy oh boy, if it is, I sense so, so strongly that it will be only a beginning, a foot in the door, of what You plan and purpose!

(And yes, I do wonder about how the people of that “church” really feel about sharing “their” place – some would love it, I know; others, well, it “looks” to me like You’d really have to change their hearts and minds – But that is what You do!!! And if this is Your will, You’ve no doubt already got that all under control! No problem!)

No comments: