Saturday 1 May 2010

Your truth ... please!

May 1, 2010

Acts 22:16 Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.

Father: The washing away of sins – does it have to do with the baptism – or the calling of Jesus’ name – or both? I’m still not sure about this.

Father, so many people seem so sure about so many things in Your word. Things that just don’t seem so clear and simple to me. Things that very large groups of people interpret and hold to in different ways.

I do want Your truth, Lord. Most of all I want You – Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Jesus: You Yourself said that You are the Truth. And that all things You taught come from Father (so Father, You too are Truth). And Holy Spirit, You were sent to teach us the truth of all things Jesus taught.

So please – help me to walk with You – in Truth! Thank You.

(I so do not want to mess anyone else up. As I am sure I have without doubt already done sometimes, maybe often, in the past, without even realizing it. Please forgive me – yes, I know I am already forgiven, but You know what I mean. Help me to listen to You all the time so that I can be very careful to speak only Your truth. Please. Thank You. amen.)

No comments: