Wednesday 5 May 2010

dull hearts ... and Your sunshine

May 3, 2010

Read this morning: Acts 28:26 (quoted from Isaiah): “Go to this people and say, You will keep on hearing but will not understand – And you will keep on seeing, but will not perceive; 27. For the heart of this people has become dull, And with their eyes they scarcely hear, And thy have closed their eyes; Otherwise they might see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, And understand with their heart and return, And I would heal them.”

Father, we have access to so much “information” and “knowledge about” You … but our hearts are so dull. Open our hearts, Papa. Open my heart. Work through me, please, through my heart, from Your heart, so that others may also open their hearts to You. Thank You.

Yesterday at street church breakfast, I was talking to K, telling him that I’d like to, a couple days a week, sit on the beach and/or in the park, maybe bring a big thermos of coffee and some home-made snacks, and just be reading and discussing Your Word with You and whoever else You bring along. And K said he’d love to do that too. So we’ll be starting as soon as it stops raining, and the grass dries (assuming You confirm and lead us that way).

Oh! The moment I wrote that, the sun burst through the clouds! Even some bits of blue sky out there… after a really stormy morning so far.

No comments: