Saturday 1 May 2010

kneeling on the beach and praying...

May 1, 2010

Moments ago, I wrote a margin note question: What do you want with me in relation to the street ministry, now that the weekday breakfasts are closed down?

And then I turned to “today’s reading” … and immediately I read:

Acts 21:5 … After kneeling down on the beach and praying…

And the first thing I thought was, “Yes, we (Your children, generally) do need to do a lot more “kneeling … and praying” …

But then You nudged me, and I looked at that line a second time…

And Father, I have dreamed of Bible study together on the beach… and longed to pray together, You (Jesus, Your Spirit, interceding, bringing our hearts to Father – and Father, You answering, Your heart conversing with our hearts, too, through Your Spirit in us) and me and your street children. Wow! Thank You for Your word and Your Spirit, speaking to me, answering my questions (and doubts) (and dreams!).

Thank You, Lord! You really do love Your children. Wow! You really do love me – and my kids, too, and their families… and You are NOT going to let them go! Are You!!

No comments: