Monday 8 May 2017

prayers 9


(Over the past few days, I've been sharing some of my "daily prayers." Some parts are in my own words, some are quoted from other sources. I'll be leaving out personal names and details. Today is #9)

Lord, I pray for people in grief, those who are grieving lost loved ones. Please be with all the families and loved ones. 
I pray for all the families of young people (and older) gone to suicide. Oh dear God, break through people’s darkness with Your light, so they turn to you, the Light of the world, rather than to the death and darkness of the enemy. Forgive us for “assisted suicide laws” and abortion and "recreational drugs" as ways to avoid pain, and help us to love and assist each other instead, and help us pray for healing, and introduce people to You. 

I pray for those who have turned to alcohol and drugs and destroyed their own lives, and so damaged the lives of those who love them. I pray for the families and friends of those whose lives have been destroyed (and ended) by drug and alcohol overdoses or other drug-related accidents and health issues. 
I pray for people with illnesses and disabilities, physical, emotional, mental—and most of all, spiritual. I pray for broken relationships; for finances; for housing needs; for those wondering what to do next in their lives; for those in treatment; for those who are in long-term care; for all those who are lonely; for overwhelmed caretakers; and for all other needs. Please bring healing and comfort--and help me to also care for and comfort and pray for them. 

No comments: