Saturday 7 November 2009

worker worthy of his wages... Papa?

July 20, 2009 W
. Father, Pastor P said that he is going to go around to the churches and see if they will help him out financially on a regular basis so he can take better care of his family. Well, it is sure true that he is taking care of the poor and downtrodden in a way that most churches are not, and as I read in 1 Corinthians 9 today, the worker IS worthy of his wages… and the church here, if the NT pattern is to be followed, IS “the church at Penticton” and so the believers should all be sharing in supporting those who do the work… on the other hand, it appears to me that Paul is saying that support should come from those whom the worker is leading to/ in the Lord… so does that mean that those P leads to the Lord should be supporting him financially as much as they can? (This might be a way to encouraged them to put some of the extra income, from bottle collecting, fruit picking, whatever, to Pastor P and to the activities of the ministry/ outreach, which might also result in less money to be tempted to spend on drinks, etc??) hmmm….

Father, yesterday at church-in-the-park, C kept asking me questions about what Your word says about this and that, and I was quickly able to find and show him the scriptural answers… I keep wondering if You are aiming me to doing some real teaching here before You move me on? (If you intend to move me on, of course…) (I’d also like to do some music… C encouraged me, again, to keep practicing )

Oh Father – YOUR will be done! Thank You!

No comments: