Saturday 7 November 2009

reflecting on a church meeting... and God's faithfulness and compassion

Sept 9, 2009

Everyone in that meeting room loves You, and they all want the best for Your church… and I really think for each other, too… but such sad personality conflicts, and gossip, and hanging onto the past… Lord, there would have been a time when I would have been terribly hurt, shocked, defensive… and yet You gave me peace to just sit there and type. A couple times I felt my gums trying to flap, but You just gave me the peace to hold my peace!

And afterwards, I was able to tell __ that taking this job was not my idea… it was from You… and I believe it is about having someone in the middle of the situation who can stay objective….

This is not an easy world. I really DID have trouble (still do, somewhat…) with “the church structure” – but not in a “personal” way… I just wanted to be able to worship You, love Your people, grow Your kingdom in a simpler way, YOUR way, led by Your Spirit… it just seemed to me that “church organization” has far too much taken over the living (life from You – life in Jesus), breathing, growing, loving body, family – organism!

Today’s reading…. Lamentations 3:21 This I recalled to my mind, therefore I have hope. 22. The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. 23. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. 24. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul. “Therefore I have hope in Him.” 25. The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. 26. It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the LORD… 40. Let us examine and probe our ways, and let us return to the LORD. 41. We lift up our heart and hands toward God in heaven.

“Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with thee.
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not.
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hast provided,
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

Pardon for sin, and a faith that endureth,
Thine own dear Presence to cheer and to guide.
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!”

Great IS Your faithfulness, Lord, unto me! (unto us!) Bless Your church, O LORD… Papa Father, Jesus Savior, Holy Spirit Guide and Comforter!
Please bring healing, love, unity… thank You!

No comments: