Saturday 7 November 2009

letting You take care of pastor P

June 21, 2009

Well, not so many people turned up this morning… mostly a First Nations group. Pastor P brought hot dogs, coffee, juice, and oranges; someone else brought a box of Timbits – and I brought my baked goodies, plus some sliced oranges. I did do the “black forest anniversary cake” for ___ and ___ - they were happy! Brought home lots of leftovers today – Papa, please give me people to share them with. Thank You!

It was gray but quite warm when I got to church-in-the-park about 6:20 am or so… but after awhile a cold wind came up, and finally a light rain-shower… well, the hot dogs were pretty much done by then, so we packed up. Just as we finished packing up, of course the rain stopped and the sun came out and started shining warmly. But I think it was Your plan for Pastor P. Oh Lord, You know his troubles… and You know he needed time alone with You, and time to sort some things out…. Father, I just pray for Your love and mercy and care in his whole situation. I have really had this whole “taking people in” thing on my heart… and have been wondering – even asking You, I think – about what to do about our place while we’re away, so I drew a map and put our phone number on it for Pastor P, and told him if he needs a place to stay, till his troubles are sorted out, we have space and he’d be welcome. He said if it was up to him, he’d say no because his pride was kicking up, but he said if You tell him, he will do it! So Father, it really is up to You, however You want it to be.

So ___ was saying this morning how sweet my grandson is, and then we were talking about rain and eating outside – and I felt led to tell her about my daughter’s rain prayers, and how miraculously You answered them. And at least one of the other people, maybe two (or more? Who knows? You do!) were listening in with interest! Dear Jesus, please use this simple testimony to Your honor and glory and grace. Thank You!

After all, I did pray that it wouldn’t rain on our church-in-the-park location this morning till it was “finished” … and the rain did come just as the hot dogs were pretty much used up… it was earlier than I expected, and we didn’t do the “service” part … but I believe that was You saying, “Okay, you are finished for today so Pastor P can go and look after his situation”… and as soon as we packed up, the beautiful sun came out! Heavenly sunshine! Oh Father, let it be a sign to him of Your love and care and mercy.

Thank You, too, for all the believers who turned up this morning, more than usual, I think, who he was able to confide in, and everyone took turns praying with him. So Father, You know best what he needs… please work in this situation (difficult to us, but all in Your purposes and under Your love and control) to Your honor and glory. Amen! Thank You, Lord! Amen! 

Psalm 67: 1 God be gracious to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us – 2. That Your way may be known on the earth, Your salvation among all nations. 3. Let the peoples praise You, O God; …. 4…. For You will judge the peoples with uprightness and guide the nations on the earth… 6…. God, our God, blesses us 7. … that all the ends of the earth may fear Him.

When we ask God for His blessing and care… the outcome, motive, answers, guidance… must always be that His way be known, that the people fear Him, that He be the guide and judge of all!!

Jeremiah 2:11 … But My people have changed their glory for that which does not profit. 12. Be appalled, O heavens, at this… 13. For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

No comments: