Saturday 7 November 2009

learning from You vs. from the codes of men

July 12, 2009 (again)

Ty just gave me that blue stone that says, “FREE!” And I had such joy! From You! And then today I read: Galatians 5:1 “It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery… 3 … to every man who receives circumcision [or whatever “sign” of a covenant other than that of grace given through Christ…], that he is under obligation to keep the whole law… 6. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. 7. You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?

Father, when Ja said that The Shack was a book of HERESY, I cried, because I could not bear to be parted again from Your love! Galatians 4:6 “Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’” And then I rejoiced because Jl said she has been “released” (freed!)… and it was such a confirmation of the release (from “churchianity”… from “that church”) that You gave me! And then Ty just topped it off with the blue “Free!” stone (The other stone says, “Laugh often” … which is what a freed person does, eh!)

But at the same time I keep wondering… and yet Your Word here in Galatians seems so clear… Lord, I have so much to learn, I know… but Father, I want to learn from You, from Your Word… rather than from the “codes” of men, no matter how long they’ve been “accepted” and by how many people (but also unaccepted by so many others… and they seem to have become more important or of more influence to many people, than Your Word and Your Spirit…)… It’s as if they CAME from Your Word, but have become a CODIFIED LAW of their own. Father?? Jesus?? Holy Spirit??

Speak Your truth to me, please? Please! Please!!

Oh! Galatians 5:16 “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh” and 18 “ But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.” And how do I know if I am being led by the Spirit? 22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.” And 6:2 “Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ [love God, love your neighbor!]. and Ephesians 6:8 “For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life…. 10 let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith!”

No comments: