Thursday 1 July 2010

lonely for You, Father

29 June 2010

I've been lonely for You, Father. I know it's my fault, getting wrapped up in other things - and forgetting that without You being constantly part of them, they are useless and go nowhere.

Hmmmm... Maybe letting me see You using Jan and her Under the Cover of Prayer blog, (a brand new blog, and with 350 hits in one day!), reaching out so quickly to others, has made me a bit jealous, I'm afraid... But at the same time it has pointed me back to YOU! I really am sorry, Father. It truly is time to focus on what YOU are doing, and how You want me to be involved in that, with You. Abiding! Thank You for opening my eyes and grabbing my attention! Amen! Praise the Lord!

Luke 5:16 "But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray." Again, my reading of Your word for today "just happens" to line up exactly with what You've been speaking to me. :-) Yet another (of so many) God-incident. No coincidences with You.

And You are not just the Master Teacher, but also the Master Pray-er. Teach me to pray, dear Jesus. And thank You for Your prayers, Your interceding, for me.

Luke 6:12 "It was at this time that He went off to the mountains to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God. 13. And when day came, He called His disciples to Him and chose twelve of them..."

See? That's been my trouble. I don't know what to do next, re my writing, because I haven't been seriously, long-term, praying to You about it. Holy Spirit, please help me to pray. And yes, Father, please, YOU show me where I should be going with my writing. Thank You. Amen. :-)

Genesis 49:24 "But his bow remained firm, and his arms were agile, From the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob. (From there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel). 25. From the God of your father who helps you, And the Almighty who blesses you." My hands in Your hands, please. Thank You. Amen.

No comments: