Wednesday 2 June 2010

all things you ask in prayer??!!

30 May 2010

Matthew 21:21 "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree [which instantly withered at Jesus' command], but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taking up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. 22. And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Including the little things ... and sometimes even when we don't believe very well???

This morning I tied Pastor P's big birthday cake onto my granny cart to take it to street church breakfast. I prayed (earnestly!) that it wouldn't tip and slide into the side of the cake box and get smushed (since the cart has to be tipped in order to push/pull it).

I pushed the cart very carefully, and kept checking the cake, and readjusting the rope when the cake would start to slide. And I kept praying. But very gradually, definitely, the cake was still sliding closer and closer to the side of the box.

And suddenly, the cart got caught on a bump in the pavement and lurched in the opposite direction - tipping right over, and dragging me over too!

I cried out desperately to Father, feeling sure the cake would be terribly smushed, because a similar situation had happened to me once before with some other baked goodies I'd been transporting. But when I tremblingly righted the cart and looked at the cake - it was fine! In fact, it has slid back to its proper position in the middle of the platter.

I was astounded!

But then I realized that Father had answered my prayer. By allowing the tip-over in the opposite direction, the cake was actually saved from getting smushed!

Wow! Thank You, Lord! Amen! :-)

No comments: