Friday 30 April 2010

wondering about this "working with our own hands"...

Acts 20:34 You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my own needs and to the men who were with me. 35. In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’
36. When he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.

I’ve been thinking, wondering about this “working with our own hands” rather than just depending on “the flock” to “support us” (financially). I have wondered, should I go get a “real job” (like work at Tim’s or McD’s or something, lol!) and “give away all my writing for free”?

And yet, You seem to be saying to me these days that You have given me this gift of expressing my relationship with You in writing – and have given me this particular journey with You – to at the same time “minister” to others, and also “to minister to my own needs” … by literally “using my own hands” to write!

So… I believe I will continue to listen to You and see where You take me in all this. And I’ll keep writing – in all the various ways You’ve given me. You’ve given me this wonderful 3 months “separation package” from my last job, to get started on really focusing on my writing (or at least to get away from the need to “have a real job” at present, to do that). So, I will keep on writing… and learning… and sharing… and trust You to provide through these gifts You have given me… at least until such time as You might bring along some other kind of “working with our own hands” adventures.

No comments: