Monday 5 April 2010

My God and I ... belief in Who rather than in what

MY GOD AND I… BELIEF IN WHO RATHER THAN IN WHAT

4 April 2010

Woke up at 3:30 am, humming a song I haven’t heard in years, but which I understand, in a personal way, far more now than I did in the past.

My God And I

My God and I go in the field together;
We walk and talk as good friends should and do;
We clasp our hands, our voices ring with laughter;
My God and I walk through the meadow's hue.

He tells me of the years that went before me
When heavenly plans were made for me to be;
When all was but a dream of dim reflection;
To come to life, earth's verdant glory see.

My God and I will go for aye together,
We'll walk and talk just as good friends do;
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.

(Austris Whithol – translated from German, I believe..)

I was laying there in the dark thinking about what we believe and value – and how, for a believer, the “what” is really “Who”. So I sat up, grabbed a scrap of paper, and jotted this down:

That which I believe in and value is…
The One whom I trust the most.
The One with whom I have the closet relationship.
The One to whom I entrust completely myself and all I am and have.
The One to whom I entrust completely those whom I hold dearest.
The One who informs everything I say, do, think – am.
The One who IS.

No comments: