Saturday 10 April 2010

church in the PARK ... or wherever... however... You want it...

8 April 2010
1 am… woke up and can’t go back to sleep…
I sure was looking forward to church-in-the-PARK again… though I guess at least being outside the church building, in their front yard, is alright… Am I just in my comfortable pew/ tradition mode?
Papa, it seems like… I don’t know if this “board” of traditional church pastors is such a great thing for the street ministry… I mean, as “elders” for doctrinal purity, and for prayer support and such, maybe it is a good thing… but as direction for the “practical” purposes of the “mission” … maybe there at least needs to be a representative or two from the “street” side, eh? (I guess the “board” is necessary from a “legal, society” point of view…)
But boy oh boy… spiritual, Godly, Spirit-led things sure can quickly get tangled up, distracted, even “led” my man-made stuff…
I sure need to be a lot more in prayer – a lot more in Your word – a lot more in Your Spirit, led by You…
For this whole “street church” thing. But ALSO for “my business” … for my whole life… oh, it is so, too, easy to get distracted!
When things get “out of hand” like they have a bit lately –
Why don’t we just stop and pray – instead of trying to handle it “our way” … or running away (or threatening to – and getting caught in the bluff…)
Well, I can pray…
(And Father, please help me pray every day for the Word Guild…
And just generally pray every day! And read Your word every day… so I can really be abiding in You…
Because, boy oh boy, “abiding” can go from real to theoretical (to not at all, even, maybe) so fast and easy, unnoticed!

No comments: