Friday 2 April 2010

What are my real business goals?

2 April 2010

(You can see where this line of thought started, over at my daily blog for today’s date!)

As a believer, my goals and interests have turned more and more to beliefs and values – eternal matters! I want to share what I have experienced as ultimately most important in all of life. That is, a never-ending relationship with our God, which is the purpose for which He created us, and is therefore the fulfillment of our existence, now and forever. I certainly don’t want to see our short life spans here wasted in ultimately meaningless pursuits; nor see us miss eternity in relationship with our Creator.

Oh Father, help me, please, to share You, in a way that helps others to long to enter into Your salvation, and grow in the amazing love You long to share with every one of Your children!

Thank You for helping me see, more and more clearly, where You are leading me in the adventure of all of this “business;” and how I can be a useful and obedient servant in Your kingdom, to Your honor and glory, while I pursue the passions and personality You have created in me. That is what I want. Thank You!

I have to write. I have to share You and Your love. I long to, delight to, dance with joy at the prospect of this awesome adventure with You!

1 John 1:1 … the Word of Life… 2… the Life was manifested… the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us – 3. what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4. These things we write, so that our joy may be complete.

Wow! That is Your word for me right now, isn’t it? Another of those beyond-coincidental revelations from You to Your child. I didn’t “just happen” to read this passage now, this morning, after writing out my thoughts about my business goals. You knew that this scripture was there, and that it fit my circumstances and wonderings right now. It “just happened” to be the next chapter in my daily reading – and yet, as always, Your timing and purposes are perfect. Thank You.

No comments: