Saturday 10 April 2010

for whom, to whom, why, am I writing?

7 April 2010

In my journaling lately, in terms of conversation with You, I have actually found myself thinking about and writing for the “blog audience,” instead of focusing on our conversation. For the audience’s, dare I say, entertainment. Wanting them to agree with me, nod their heads approvingly. And yet, that is not what You have called me to, is it?

I’m called to know You – and in my journey, my walk with You, to let others see a bit at least of what that relationship with You really looks like. Even when it isn’t always pleasant and agreeable, in the world’s (maybe also in religion’s) way of thinking. Maybe especially when it isn’t.

Forgive me, please, dear God. And keep my eyes, ears, heart, where they belong:

“Looking unto Jesus.” (Hebrews 12:1)

No comments: