Saturday 6 March 2010

And now back to Your book, Your words... Your Word!

March 5, 2010 (continued)

(I’ve been told that we need to discuss these kinds of things with each other in the family… but I’ve often found it hard to find people who want to… but always, one way or another, You’ve been providing them – and teaching me through them! Wow! Thanks!) (And sorry for so often not recognizing when You are doing that!)

Job 23:10 But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold [but not because of what “I” have done, in my “own righteousness” – oh dear! – but because of what He has done by joining my heart to His heart, my mind to His Mind, my love to His Love…] [oh, um, should I say “replacing by” rather than “joining to”?? .. No, it’s not about “replacing” either, is it? He after all created the good in our hearts and loves what He has created… it’s actually about “abiding” – love relationship!] … 12… I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food [“His words” : wonderful, important, informative, helpful, revealing Him, knowing about Him… but now He has given “His Word” – Jesus, God incarnate! – which is essential! Knowing Him personally… relationship…. Living in His Light, in His Love… in Him!!!!] [Okay, I get it! That was one of the things in that book that kind of freaked me! Okay! Thank You, Lord!]

Proverbs 21:2 Every man’s way is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the HEARTS [!!] . 3. To do righteousness and justice is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice [but even “doing righteousness and justice” is not sufficient if it is not from God’s Heart joined to and abiding with us in our hearts, together! Yes! Righteousness and justice based on true relationship with our God!]

:13. He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor will also cry himself and not be answered [confirmation of what You have been teaching and showing me…]

:21. He who pursues righteousness and loyalty finds life, righteousness and honor [yes, true… IF the pursuit is after YOU… and then the life, righteousness and honor is so far above and beyond anything this world can offer, that one begins to lose all desire for those earthly imitations… which loss is therefore an indication of whether one is really pursuing You, or simply pursuing “ideas/ concepts” of righteousness and loyalty… Of course, sadly, in this world even such “lofty concepts” rapidly become twisted and sullied and even turned upside-down if they aren’t wrapped up in the Love relationship with You which You offer! Ah! Okay… now I see that, too… hmmm…. You sent THAT BOOK along at “just the right time” … again… because perhaps any sooner, I wouldn’t have been ready… wouldn’t have been so desperate to understand why people seem to long for Your love, but at the same time seem to be side-stepping it, not seeing it, even running from it to painful – yes, evil! – substitutes! Oh dear…]

Thank You for showing me… thank You for Your timing… Your heart… Your perfect plans and purposes… Your Love!! Your Light!! Your Way!!
Thank You!!

:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue, guards his soul from trouble [very true – but how difficult it is to guard one’s tongue, if one’s heart is not right. How true it is that “it is from the heart that the mouth speaks” – and the mind thinks - Oh, dear God, reach into our hearts, join them to Your Heart, join Your Spirit to our spirits that we may truly abide in You – 100%!!! Please!!!! (Thank You!) Amen! 

:31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but victory belongs to the LORD. [Yes, it does!!!]

No comments: