Saturday 6 March 2010

Words to me, from Your word, about this "church situation" You've placed me in...

28 February 2010

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer [why do so many people downplay prayer nowadays??], keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving: [even when things seem so SAD! Oh help me in this area, Papa! ]. 3.. praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word [yes!] so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ [yes! yes!] for which I have also been imprisoned: 4. that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak [oh! Me, too, Lord, please!!!]
5. Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. [Oh, Father God, please put Your Spirit upon me, place Your coal on my lips, that I may indeed speak always with grace, as seasoned with salt, responding to each person only as You would speak Your love, Your grace, through me… Please!]

(It’s a good thing, actually, to see others struggling in areas that I know I too struggle in! A good reminder to keep humble and keep striving to be like Jesus! To truly share YOUR LOVE!!!) (Is “striving” another one of those potentially “wrong” words???? Papa??)

Colossians 4: Description of the brethren (brothers and sisters) in the Lord:
7. beloved brethren…. Faithful servant… fellow bond-servant in the Lord… 8. he may encourage your hearts… 9. our faithful and beloved brother… 10. my fellow prisoner… sends you his greetings… 11. fellow worker for the kingdom of God… proved to be an encouragement to me…. 12. one of your number… a bondslave of Jesus Christ… always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God… 13. he has a deep concern for you… 14. the beloved physician… 15. the brethren… the church that is in her home… 18. Remember my imprisonment. Grace be with you.

Col. 4: 17 … Take heed to the ministry which you have received in the Lord, that you may fulfill it. [hmmm… that is for me, isn’t it? No more whining… trying to escape it…]

Thank You! I needed to hear that!

No comments: