Saturday 27 March 2010

Thoughts on wisdom... and working...

March 27, 2010

James 1:5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6. But he must ask in faith without any doubting…

Oh Father, I don’t want to be a doubter – and I’m sorry when I don’t trust You. I have to say that the last day or so, I’ve been concerned that sometimes my goal to create this “business” might be more about seeking financial “security” than about just “using my gifts” and “sharing You.” Oh please, please give me wisdom to keep my eyes always on You, to be centered, focused only on You, walking in Your love, with You, in Your kingdom…

Father, Solomon asked for wisdom – and You gave him that, and a lot of other good things besides… perhaps too much, for he ended up taking his eyes off You and onto all the earthly “glory,” worshiping idols and pleasure and wealth…

As James 1:9-10 says, “… the brother of humble circumstance is to glory in his high position, and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation…”

You will take care of our needs as we follow You… but at the same time we are told to work, to not be idle, to not live off others (1 Thess 3:10-12) … so it is right for us to earn a living, of course!

No comments: