Wednesday 31 March 2010

"Devotions" thoughts... and questions about "my prayer life"

March 31, 2010

James 4:13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14. Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow…. 15. Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16. But as it is, you boast in your arrogance…

Father, I only want what You want – day by day, moment by moment. I really don’t know what You want with this business/ writing/ home office stuff – but You do. Let me see what You are doing, where You are taking me, and help me to always follow – obediently, submissively, joyfully, loving You! Thank You!

James 5:9 Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door.

I’m beginning to think, more and more, that You really do call different people to different work, paths, outlooks – all within Your great kingdom. And of course we are all at different places on the journey too (remembering Pilgrim’s Progress!). So, please help me not to be arrogant and judging about those who do not see things just as I do. Please! Thank You!

James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Oh my goodness! I signed up for the prayer team at The Word Guild - and now that I am receiving the requests, I am realizing how little I pray “formally.” There was a time when I would spend at least an hour to an hour and a half every morning praying through a very long list. And now, once again, I am confronted with a list… and not only from The Word Guild, but many people, on the street and other places in my life, often ask me to pray for various needs… and I say I will… and I do… but usually not “faithfully” as in “daily prayer lists”… but as I remember, as Father reminds me, as events occur that remind me. And I used to pray in detail, (and often made “suggestions” on how to answer people’s needs), and now I tend to just lay situations at Father’s feet, and ask Him to do what is best, because I have become totally convinced that He really does know best. Does that mean I’m not “persevering in prayer,” or “not trusting,” or whatever? Papa???

No comments: