Wednesday 24 January 2018

Don't Know What You're Doing Until You Do It?



In her book, Bird by Bird, author Anne Lamott writes, “Very few writers really know what they are doing until they’ve done it.”


This is true, I think ... about writing, yes, but also about the believer's life journey. Maybe there's a need for less planning; a need for more just stepping out, and see where the, well, the stepping-stones take me. Step by step. 

Where You take me. 

And maybe, in my writing, just record my observations and learnings and thoughts and wonderings--and also the epiphanies, the amazing things You sometimes point out to me, that stop me in my tracks. 

Especially when those tracks of mine are maybe tending to take me off in directions where the destination is a dark, endless whirlpool instead of the far shoreline to which You’re leading me. 

Hmm…. Did that picture, those words, that bit of Light, just come from You? 

Thank You! Help me listen, please. And share…. Step by step. 

No comments: