Wednesday 2 June 2010

love growing cold

May 30, 2010

Matthew 24:12 "Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold."

Father, I've been feeling lately that my love for You has been growing cold. I can (sometimes...) "say the right words" but I feel like I am drifting from You!!!

Please! Draw me into Your flame! Place it right inside me! Please let it burn with love for You! A flame that burns up all the garbage: my desire to "succeed" and to "support myself." My complaints about Your other children - which means my self-righteousness and self-wisdom too, need to be burned up. Also my distractions to the things of the world, that attract me like a moth to a light. And yet the world's light is a dim, weak, flickering light that is dying out, while Your Light - You! - is the the eternal Light that grows stronger and brighter until one day the darkness of evil will be swallowed by Your light and be destroyed forever!

And even now, if I turn my eyes to Your light, all the other "lights" are swallowed up and disappear into the glory and brightness of Your Light, of You, the Light of the World!

Oh Father, pour Your fire, Your Spirit, into me! Please! Don't let my love grow cold, not even a little. Instead, let it grow hotter and hotter, swallowed into becoming part of the fire, the eternal Light, of Your perfect, unquenchable Love!

No comments: