Thursday 31 December 2009

The true Shepherd

December 29, 2009

I love Ezekiel 44 – the description of the true Shepherd (so many “leaders” claim to be shepherds… what a description to live up to!): 11. For thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12…. so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered 13…. And I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land. 14… in a good pasture… on good grazing ground… 15…. And I will lead them to rest… 16. I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick… 23. Then I will set over them one shepherd… and he will feed them…. 24. And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant… will be a prince among them… 25. I will make a covenant of peace with them… that they may live securely… 26. I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause… showers of blessing… 30. The they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them and that they… [are] … 31. the sheep of My pasture.”

No comments: