Tuesday 16 June 2009

love walking - church day by day

June 10, 2009 (again)

On my walk I had a short chat with Jennifer and said hello to a couple others I know on the street. I saw Dan and Lily when I was driving to pay the cellphone bill, and waved, but they didn't see me.

It's a beautiful quiet evening. I'm sitting out on the porch. And I'm tired! Oh! ___ phoned and asked me for hubby and my "testimony" of how we came to the Lord... as we told it to him a couple weeks ago when he came by for soup. He wants a written version because he is putting a book together. So I printed out the relevant sections from my family story sit and from my PCS testimony. Going to sleep now - have to get up early and make something for coffee time.

Good night, Papa! Jesus! Holy Spirit! I really do love You. You are so wonderful to me. Thank You!

June 11, 2009

Isa 57:14 And it will be said, Build up, build up, prepare the way, Remove every obstacle out of the way of My people. 58. For thus says the high and exalted One Who lives forever (dwells in eternity), whose name is Holy, I dwell on a high and holy place, And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit In order to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.

So what did I do today? Woke up 5:30 am and made saskatoon berry turnover. Took some of them to coffee time. We were talking about coffee time, and I suggested they might do it as a (free) sidewalk cafe in the summer, rather than in the back room off the alley. So they are going to go to city hall to find out if that is possible.

I was going to hand out the leftover turnovers on the way home but didn't see any of the gang out and about. Three of the guys were in the hospital for various reasons over the past few days, but are now out and about and doing better, so I'm told. That's good to hear. Thank You, Lord (answer to prayer! Yay!).

I did start my epistle study again, only it's been awhile (did some Mark, and read and took notes from the Rabbits and Elephants book in between) so I went back and read over I, II, III John and Jude again, putting a heart symbol on every reference to "love" or "beloved," and putting a rectangle around every "one another" reference. Now I am going on to I and II Peter, underlining key phrases and verses, and also marking the "love" and "one another" references there. I'm thinking I should go back later and mark "obey/obedience," "command/ment," "truth," "life," and perhaps a couple other references.

June 12, 2009

So I did go for a walkabout... and chatted with Gator and told him I am praying for him; he was happy about that. Chatted with another guy too. And sat on the grass at the park and prayed for awhile for the community.

No comments: