Thursday 24 August 2017

Trust My Love

(Originally posted 9 years ago this month ... but it's a message I still need to hear!)

My  child…

I love you!  Trust in me, simply,  like a little child.  Don’t try to make it more difficult than I mean it to be.   I am the One who has already fought the battle, and won it.

You are still trying to do it yourself.  You still must let me take control.  You can’t cajole, earn my love and care and protection.  It’s all there already.  I’ve  done the job.  It’s finished.  I have defeated the enemy!  The victory is won!   You are victorious – in Me!  Through Me!  The world can’t touch you.  It can’t  take away from you (or Me) what I have already completed.  It’s done.

I am already protecting you, already delivering you, already have placed you under My wings.  You are already in my dwelling place.  It’s not something you have to  work for, earn, struggle for--not even “believe in.”  It is.

I AM.  And we are united.  The vine and the brand vitally united.  Living My Life together!  A  mommy, a daddy, are there for their baby.  It just cries out knowing that Mommy and Daddy, in their all-consuming love, will respond, shelter, care for, fight for!  Win the victory for!

It’s only when a child starts seeking its own independence that simple faith,  simple belief, starts to unravel.  Just depend on Me.

(Can you really think of even one reason not to?)

No comments: