Friday 10 March 2017

New Paths

(originally journaled Oct. 6, 2016)

I have spent all day working on my Word Guild workshop presentation. It took a lot longer than I expected, but I believe that this is a "calling" from God to me. I've had so many "downs" and "doubts" and have felt so far from God, and such a failure in trying to write for Him.

I've done "secular" writing but somehow it never held the joy I used to get writing for the "My Church Journey" blog and for church newsletters, and my blog about God's caring during the "teen years" in our family, and writing on Christian homeschool groups and so on.

I've felt "dry" in my writing for a long time. But this new opportunity to speak, and especially this "Christian writing" opportunity, has really opened my eyes--and my heart, I hope!

"Nothing tests the Christian character more than to have some evil thing said about you. God gave us more of His Spirit, 'who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; but committed himself to Him that judgeth righteously."  This has been a great stumbling block for me -- being "reviled" - or more often, simply FEARING being reviled by the world. Lord, as I move into these new directions You seem to be placing in my path, help me to seek only Your approval. Thank You. Amen.

No comments: